Written by Marco Carvajal
2021 Cadillac’s XT6 Sport Three-Row Crossover
Last year, 2020, was the birth year of the new and impressive XT6 3-Row Cadillac Crossover. Now in 2021, the second-year version of the XT6 continues with success adding some enhancement to this Crossover.
I am test drivng the 2021 Cadillac XT6 Sport, this is a beautiful and luxury 3-row SUV, the top trimp Sport is priced right at less than 59K. The brand name Cadillac is a sign of success and luxury. Owning and driving the new XT6 Cadillac every day will let you enjoy the road with style and high level of content.
The new XT6 is available in 3 different trim levels, Luxury, Premium Luxury, and the Sport model. XT6 Luxury, XT6 Premium Luxury, or XT6 Sport. I am test driving the top-of-the-line, Sport version.
The XT6 base trim model Luxury has a starting price of around $48K, a very reasonable price for a luxury 3-row Cadillac.
The XT6 was created to fill a gap, it has a perfect size for families, it is smaller than the Cadillac Escalade but bigger than other SUVs from the brand, like the XT4 and the XT5.
The XT6 includes a large 78.7 CU. FT of maximum cargo space behind the first row
The 2021 XT6 looks good and drives well, it is a modern Cadillac SUV. I enjoy the luxury feel inside the XT6 and when driving the all-wheel-drive Sport trim XT6, you can feel the good performance and a very precise engine.
29.5″ Third-row legroom
Cadillac’s SUV Lineup
Cadillac’s smaller SUVs, like the XT4 and the XT5, have only 2 rows of seats just like many sedans and SUVs, but the new XT6 includes a generous 3rd row, allowing you to bring on-board family and friends, and also to be able to fold the 3rd row for additional cargo space.
With the addition of the XT6, now Cadillac’s SUV Crossover Lineup includes 4 SUVs:
XT4, XT5, the new XT6, and Escalade
coming soon the new all-electric 2023 CADILLAC LYRIQ
Cadillac customers now have one more option with 3 rows, not just the famous large 3 rows Escalade full-size SUV, but now also the medium-large size SUV, the new XT6.
Why the New Cadillac XT6 instead of the Cadillac Escalade?
Drivers who prefer to drive larger and more expensive SUV can purchase the Escalade, but those who want a smaller, medium-size 3-rows SUV can select the new XT6.
The 2021 XT6 is a wonderful SUV to drive with children and friends around town or for a weekend vacation. Enjoy space, 3rows and luxury details everywere.
I like the XT6 is easy to drive and easy to maneuver on a busy highway or congested downtown. It is easy to park in compact parking spaces. but don’t think the XT6 is small, it is actually large when compared to many mid-size SUVs. It has good space for the driver and copilot, good space and legroom in the second row. The third row is smaller than in some full-size SUVs but it does the job.
The XT6 is designed to offer refinement, comfort, connectivity, and safety with it generous package of standard features.
The new 2021 Cadillac’s XT6 offers one of the segment’s most generous packages of standard features combining safety and driver assistance technologies, two different models, and a high level of content.
The XT6 includes several standard safety features, and it also offers optional packages to enhance your driving experience.
There are some similarities in the frame of the XT6 with the Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave, but the X6 is a little bit more narrow. The Escalade is built on a large truck-based platform, and the XT6 is built on a unibody car-based platform.
The XT6 comes with 3 rows with a total of six or seven seats, depending on the second-row format as a bench or with captain’s chairs. I like captain chairs on the second row as it makes it very convenient to walk from the second to the third row, with a lot of space between the two seats and more space for accessories inside the car, however, you only get six-passenger capacity with these captain’s chairs.
New for 2021, 20″ 12-spoke Diamond-Cut wheels with Dark Android satin pockets
Each brand tries to offer more value and features to attract new buyers. Warranty is one more of the factors that buyers should consider when purchasing a car. A full-coverage warranty can save you thousands of dollars and problems when dealing with repairs after the warranty’s expiration.
The Cadillac XT6 warranty includes the following:
- 1 scheduled maintenance visit during the first year
- 4 years or 50,000 miles Bumper to Bumper limited warranty
- 4 years or 50,000 miles Corrosion Protection and 6 years with unlimited miles for Rust-through Corrosion
- 6 years and 70,000 miles for the Powertrain Warranty of the XT6 and Road Assistance.
Cadillac’s warranty is good but is not the best in the market, especially when compared to non-us brands that offer a more generous bumper-to-bumper warranty during more years and miles. The powertrain warranty is the best part of this warranty protecting the very expensive powertrain for 6 years and 70,000 miles.
2021 Cadillac XT6 Sport Highlights
- Three Rows of Seating with Power-fold third-row seats
- First- and second-row leather seating surfaces
- Optional 6-passenger seating with second-row captain’s chairs
- 78.7 cubic feet of maximum cargo space behind the first row
- 3.6L V6 engine featuring direct injection
- 310 horsepower
- 271 lb-ft of torque
- 9-speed Automatic transmission
- Premium Materials and Sport elements with carbon-fiber accents and decor
- 20″ 12-spoke Diamond-Cut wheels with Dark Android satin pockets
- Hands-free power liftgate
- Tri-Zone Climate Control
- Cadillac User Experience
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- HD Rear Vision Camera with Remote Wash
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Available Rear Camera Mirror and other advanced safety features included on the Enhanced Visibility and Technology Package.
- 8″ diagonal touch-screen with Cadillac user experience
- Premium audio Bose 8-Speaker sound system
- SiriusXM with 360L trial subscription
- Red Taillamp Lens
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- 20 MPG estimated combined fuel consumption (18 city and 25 highway)
- 19.0 Gallons Fuel Tank Capacity
- Six USB ports (two Type A and four Type C), one SD card slot and two 12-volt power outlets
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot (includes 3GB or three months of data, whichever comes first)8
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Premium Luxury (FWD or AWD)
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Premium Luxury (FWD or AWD)
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Sport (AWD only)
For 2021, Cadillac has release 3 trim versions of the new 2021 XT6, the Luxury version, the Premium Luxury version, and the XT6 Sport I am test driving.
The Luxury XT6 model and the Premium XT6 are offered with FWD or AWD, while the Sport model is only offered with AWD.
The XT6 Luxury version is offered with a 2.0 L Turbo 4-cylinder engine with a 9-speed automatic transmission, while models Luxury Premium and Sport are powered by a 3.6L V6 engine that produces 310 horsepower, with a 9-speed automatic transmission.
The competition for the buyers’ dollars is aggressive. I think Cadillac has done a great job with the pricing of the XT6, it is not the cheapest SUV but it has good value considering the amount of features and luxury features included with this car.
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Luxury FWD, MSRP $47,740
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Luxury AWD, MSRP $49,740
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Premium Luxury FWD, MSRP $52,640
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Premium Luxury AWD, MSRP $54,640
- 2021 Cadillac XT6 Sport AWD, MSRP $57,140
The post XT6 Cadillac Luxury SUV appeared first on AutomotorPro.com.